Thank you Ana Maria Quispe of The Tiksi Group for organizing our presentation to the Peruvian community in Kearny! Here's Ana Maria's email thanking our other contributors:
Soy Andina as usual inspired us. Special thanks to:
- Judy McCarthy, Kearny Library Director, who allowed The Tiksi Group to make this possible.
- Fred and Renato Varas from the Varas Group who donated Chicha La Limena (purple corn drink).
- Martha Arbulu (TIKSI member) who donated the wonderful alfajores.
- Antonio Quispe (my father) who donated the Empanadas.
- I offered potatoes with huacatay, a wonderful herb from my father's garden, this plant has its origins in Huancavelica, Peru, and is mostly used in Europe for its rich oil to make expensive perfume.
Your Andean sister, Ana Maria Quispe